Welfare Benefits and Tax Credits Handbook 2018/19
- Author: Child Poverty Action Group
- ISBN: 978-1-910715-36-9
- Pub. Date: 23 Apr 2018
- Price: £61.00
- Binding: Paperback
- Publisher: CPAG [Child Poverty Action Group]
- Download more information...
The definitive guide to all benefits and tax credits is an essential resource for all professional advisers serious about giving the best and most accurate advice to their clients.
With detailed information on all the recent changes to the social security system – including the latest on the rollout of universal credit, the right to reside test and the sanctions regime - the Welfare Benefits and Tax Credits Handbook provides comprehensive advice about entitlement in 2018/19.
It has been newly restructured, making it easier to use, and refocused to bring universal credit to the fore.
What does it cover?
This edition includes new and updated information on:
- who can claim benefits and tax credits
- the rollout of universal credit
- disability and incapacity benefits, and the work capability assessment for employment and support allowance
- dealing with benefit sanctions
- challenging decisions, backdating, overpayments, income and capital, and national insurance provisions
- the bereavement support payment
- changes to Support for Mortgage Interest
Fully indexed for ease of use and cross-referenced to law, regulations, official guidance and court, Upper Tribunal and commissioners’ decisions, the Handbook also offers tactical information on common problem areas and advice on how to challenge decisions.
Who is it for?
The Handbook is an essential resource for welfare rights advisers, lawyers, local authority staff, social workers, union officials and claimants.
‘The advisers’ bible remains the key text in the welfare benefits field … CPAG’s book remains the essential purchase for anyone offering advice on social security.’ ADVISER