Amnesty International Report 2017/2018
- The state of the world's human rights
- Author: Amnesty International
- ISBN: 978-0-86210-499-3
- Pub. Date: 28 Apr 2018
- Price: £19.99
- Binding: Paperback
- Publisher: AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL
- Download more information...
Major selling points:
- New 44th edition of comprehensive reference guide to international human rights
- Covers 159 countries and delivers the most comprehensive analysis of the state of human rights in the world 1 January to 31 December 2017
- Published annually by leading human rights NGO
- Essential reading for policy makers, activists and anyone with an interest in human rights
- A 2017 rollback of human rights worldwide;
- Governments continued to clamp down on the rights to protest;
- Women’s rights took a nosedive in the USA, Russia and Poland;
- Sweeping crackdowns on LGBT communities in Chechnya and Egypt;
- A military campaign of ethnic cleansing against the Rohingya population in Myanmar;
- More than 312 human rights defenders killed in 2017, up from 281 the year before;
- War crimes and crimes against humanity in Iraq, Syria, Yemen and South Sudan.
Preface; Foreword; Regional overviews; Abbreviations; A to Z country section; Index
 KEYWORDS: HUMAN RIGHTS; INTERNATIONAL LAW; POLITICS
 READERSHIP: Academic; Legal; Human rights activist; Students; Political
 New 44th edition.
 408pp, 215 mm x 140 mm
 Softback, colour cover, black and white throughout, no images.
 Last/43rd edition was ISBN 978-0-86210-496-2 published April 2017.