Welfare Benefits and Tax Credits Handbook 2019/20
- Author: CPAG
- ISBN: 978-1-910715-49-9
- Pub. Date: 12 Apr 2019
- Price: £61.00
- Binding: Paperback
- Publisher: CPAG [Child Poverty Action Group]
- Download more information...
The Welfare Benefits and Tax Credits Handbook is CPAG’s definitive guide to the social security system, and an essential resource for all advisers who are serious about giving the best and most accurate advice to their clients.
New in this edition:
- The introduction of universal credit, including the latest on the migration process and who must still claim the old means-tested benefits.
- The latest information on how Brexit will affect benefit entitlement.
- A brand-new section covering the new benefits system in Scotland.
What does it cover?
The book provides comprehensive information about entitlement to all benefits, together with full details on the rules about work, work-related responsibilities and the work capability assessment, the income and capital rules, benefit sanctions, the ‘bedroom tax’, overpayments, fraud, and how to challenge decisions.
It is fully indexed, for ease of use, and cross-referenced to law, regulations and official guidance, and to court and tribunal decisions. Tactical guidance and examples are included throughout to help you navigate the complexities of the social security system.
Who is it for?
The Welfare Benefits and Tax Credits Handbook remains the essential resource for welfare rights advisers, lawyers, local authority and housing association staff, social workers, union officials and benefit claimants.